2010 FATF Symposium.
Articles from the 2010 FATF Symposium, as published by the ABA Journal of the Professional Lawyer.
The articles listed below are posted on this website with permission of the ABA.
- Table of contents.
- Introduction, by Laurel S. Terry.
- An Introduction to the Financial Action Task Force and Its 2008 Lawyer Guidance, by Laurel S. Terry.
- Anti-Money Laundering Legislation: Implementation of the FATF Forty Recommendations in the European Union, by Colin Tyre QC.
- The Gatekeeper Initiative and the Risk-Based Approach to Client Due Diligence: The Imperative for Voluntary Good Practices Guidance For U.S. Lawyers, by Kevin L. Shepherd.
- Money Laundering Regulation—What Can be Learned from the Canadian Experience, by Ronald J. MacDonald QC.
- The Financial Action Task Force Guidance for Legal Professionals: Missed Opportunities to Level the Playing Field, by Louise L. Hill.
- Cooperation, Co-option or Coercion? The FATF Lawyer Guidance and Regulation of the Legal Profession, by Paul D. Paton.
- Regulating Lawyers: Same Theme, New Context, by Ellen S. Podgor.
- The Financial Action Task Force and Global Administrative Law, by James Thuo Gathii.